- The Burgundy variant of the Ficus Elastica shows off its beautiful, dark leaves and burgundy centers.
- These Ficus are also known as "rubber plants" or "rubber trees".
- Ficus love bright, indirect light. The more light they receive, the greater and brighter their variegation will become.
- When the top inch of the soil is dry, water thoroughly, allowing any extra to drain off.
- Well-draining soil, and a pot with good drainage is a necessity as it prevents root-rot Replant yearly, or when the plant has become root-bound, going up one pot size every time
NOTE: These particular plants were potted up from plugs on 03/08, and so are not as strongly rooted as older, more established plants.