This zany zig-zagging cactus is beloved for how its serrated leaf nodes stand out, and how eyecatching it looks when in hanging baskets.
- The Ric Rac Cactus can also be found under the names of "ZigZag cactus" or "Fishbone cactus".
- Its scientific name can be either Cryptocereus anthonyanus or Selenicereus anthonyanus
- Thrives in bright, indirect light.
- Water when top inch of soil/potting medium is dry, ensuring that any excess water is able to drain away completely.
- Ric Rac cacti actually thrives best when kept root-bound, so repot only every few years, going up only one pot size at a time.
NOTE: When the Ric Rac cactus grows, it grows LONG, and can easily make their small plastic pots top-heavy and topple over. Repot in a heavier pot or terrarium to help keep your little plant from falling over.