Who knew that one can grow tea in the comfort of one's own home?
- For best results and growing, give the tea plant access to plenty of bright, indirect light
- Keep away from the cold! This plant loves being in temperatures around 21 degrees Celsius
- Water deeply when the first 1-2" of soil is dry, and allow any and all excess water to drain away
- Does best when planted in well-draining, slightly acidic soil
- Tea harvesting tends to be done in the spring when the plant gets its crop of fresh new leaves (only young, green leaves are used to make tea). Pruning leaves in the winter will help keep your plant small, but also help new leaves to pop up!