The professional way to start seeds or cuttings indoors! Greenhouse includes tray, 36 peat pucks, and clear plastic cover.
- Expand Jiffy Peat Pellets by gradually adding approximately 1/8 cup (35ml) of warm water per pellet, or approximately 5 1/4 cups (1 1/4 litres) to expand entire package. Add more water as needed. When pellets are fully expanded (about 1-1 1/2 inches, 2.5 - 3.8cm tall and dark brown), pour off any excess water.
- Gently pull back netting on top of pellets. Fluff and level surface peat. Sow 2-3 seeds per pellet. Cover lightly with peat. Place dome on tray and keep in warm location away from direct sunlight.
- When first seeds sprout, pop dome open. When all seeds have sprouted, remove dome and place tray in sunny location. After first true leaves appear, cut back all except strongest seedlings in each pellet.
- Add water to tray when pellets turn light brown. Do not over-water.
- To harden off plants, place outside in shade for several days (bring plants in at night). Gradually expose to full sunlight.
- To transplant, dig holes deep enough to cover top of pellets. Gently firm soil around pellet. Water.