The ultimate gardener's friend! Mantises consume aphids beetles, flies, mosquitoes moths, caterpillars, and pretty much anything else they can catch. Attach egg case using mesh bag onto a plant, shrub or tree, 1-15m (3-5ft) above ground. Tiny baby mantises will hatch within 1-8 weeks, taking 1-2 hours to leave.
If hatching indoors using a Mantis Cage or other container:
- Attach the egg case to the twig by either pinning the open end of the mesh tube the egg case is shipped in or by pinning the top part of the egg case on to the twig. It is important to pin the egg case at least 5 cm above the floor of the cage.
- Ensure that any openings are covered in mesh.
- Place container in a warm spot, but not directly in the sun.
- Mist daily. This is very important! You do not want your egg case to dry out.
- Wait patiently. Check egg case daily.
- Once hatched enjoy the event, and then let the mantis go in you garden. The mantis can be keep as insect pets or long as you can supply an ongoing food source for them.