Polka Dot Plants are a relatively common, but beloved houseplant due to its vibrant colours which have just the right kind of "pop"!
- The scientific name of the Polka Dot Plant is "Hypoestes phyllostachya", and it is also be found under the names of "Freckle-face plants", "Measles plants", or as "Baby's Tears".
- Thrives best on bright, indirect light. They can tolerate lower light levels, but variegation and colour will be lost if they don't get the light levels they crave.
- Water regularly, keeping its soil slightly moist, but not wet.
- If you find leaves yellowing and falling off, decrease how often/how much you water. If leaves are falling without turning yellow, increase how much you water.
- Pinching back stems will help to keep the plant from getting too "leggy" (too much stem, and not enough leaf).