Tectorum Ecuador Medium (4-5")
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- The Tectorum Ecuador is one of our favourite airplants! Its sturdy, almost feathery leaves are eye-catching. It almost doesn't look to be real!
- Air Plants: The amazing trendy plant companion which doesn't need to be planted in order to survive (and thrive).
- Despite popular opinion, Air Plants do need more than air to survive! Air plants require both air AND water to stay happy and healthy.
- Plants should be watered normally one to three times a week, and given a good, long 2-hour soak every 2-3 weeks.
- If your house is very, very dry, you may find that you need to water, or even mist them more often.
- A "normal" watering usually means running water over the entire plant, or letting them soak in a bowl of water for 20-30 minutes. Shake gently after their bath, and then set them to dry off in a place with good circulation for 4-5 hours.
- Blooming Airplants prefer to be rinsed, rather than bathed.
- Misting in between waterings can help to keep them happy!
- Air plants will "fatten up", and feel stiffer and stronger after they've been watered, and will become limp, softer and lighter when in need of a drink. Keep away from cold air or drafts.