With full, bold, green leaves and bright white ribbing/veining, the Zebra Plant is a real eye-catcher!
- The botanical name for the Zebra Plant is Aphelandra squarrosa
- Zebra plants do their best when provided with plenty of bright, indirect light. The more light they receive, the better they'll grow, and the greater the chances it will flower.
- It's suggested to lightly water this plant more often, rather than water fully and occasionally. Try to keep its soil moist, so water when the top 1-2" of the soil is dry, and allow all excess water to drain away.
- Zebra plants can be a bit particular with their water, so try to use water which is slightly warmer than room temperature.
- A great lover of humidity and warmth! Keeping it in a humid area (like a bathroom), or close to a humidifier, or on a humidity/wet pebble tray will help to give it the level of humidity it wants/needs.
- Keep away from drafts as this little beauty loves warmth.
Note: We've had these beauties in hanging baskets before, so we can attest to how well they can do in a hanging basket when they have the opportunity.