About Plant Auctions
When it comes to rare plants, sometimes we can only get one single plant despite our best efforts. Even when there's a huge amount of interest, it's hard to make things fair, since the plant usually ends up going to someone who is either the quickest, or just the luckiest, and this leaves a lot of others disappointed at never having had a chance to even try to buy the plant.
This is where auctions come in! We'll post a rare plant for auction, and over a week or more, more people will be able to try their luck and bid and win the plant of their dreams!
- To participate in an Auction, you will need to be logged in to a Customer Account.
- These auctions will be online-only. We'll not be able to accept in-person or phone-in bids.
- Canadian bidders only, please! We do not have an export license, and so cannot ship plants outside of Canada.
- Bidders can choose to bid the minimum amount, or they can bid a larger amount and then the auction app we've installed will continue to bid on your behalf until your maximum chosen bid is surpassed.
Example: An auction is currently bidding at $100, and is set to $10 bid increments. If you were to place a maximum bid for $150, your bid would start at $110. If someone else were to bid $120, then the system would automatically bid $130 on your behalf and so on until your maximum bid has been reached. If someone were to then outbid your maximum of $150, you'd be notified over email in case you wanted to continue to bid higher.
- We will not have a "reserve" for any Auctions. Rather than having a reserve, we simply raise the minimum bid amount to what we'd need.
- Notifications will be sent out over email to let you know when you've joined an auction, when you've bid, if you've been outbid, when you've won, and a reminder to pay for your winning bid.
- After winning, you'll have 7 days after the auction has closed to pay for your auction, or contact us to make arrangements. If we do not receive payment after 7 days, you will lose your place, and the next lower bidder will be assigned as the winner and will be given the opportunity to pay for the plant. Those who do not pay for won actions will be blacklisted from future auctions.
- Shipping will be available for won auctions, and the winning bidder will work with us to arrange and pay for shipping separately.
NOTE: We are absolutely new to auctions, and so we'll likely end up making changes as we go along. Should you have any questions, and especially if you've run into any bugs or odd issues, please don't hesitate to ask by emailing us at email@example.com.